Friday, September 7, 2018

The Weekend Roundup "J"
The letter J is for...
Joggers, Jimmies, Jersey and Juice
JOGGERS - My husband on the left, with three of his high school buddies.  After 50 years, they're all still friends. They were on the original high school cross country and track team and now they run a 5K once a year, the same course they ran in high school. It starts/ends at the high school, all money raised goes to a scholarship fund. My husband's class was the first graduating class at Ledyard High School in Ledyard, CT 1967
In New England, they're called JIMMIES!
What do you call them, Jimmies or Sprinkles?
My son and grandson in their Red Sox Jerseys
World Series, Game 1 at Fenway Park in Boston. Brady's first Red Sox game in 2013
#24 Jeff Gordon was my Favorite NASCAR driver
We always enjoyed the Bristol race.
I love orange JUICE!
♥

7 comments:

  1. ...those 'J'oggers sure has spirit running in the rain/snow.
    ...for me chocolate is 'J'immies, multi-color is sprinklers.
    ...a good looks pair in their 'J'erseys.
    ...I never had a NASCAR favorite.
    ...and so do I.
    Thanks Dawn, I hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was snow. A freak storm in late spring, it was not expected! We also call the rainbow ones sprinkles!

      Delete
  2. Hi Dawn. I hadn't known Jimmies, not even in New Hampshire. They've always been Sprinkles. Can you buy them in NH? I've not ever though of Jogging for a "J" word. And most of my family ran at one time.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we can buy the chocolate ones here, but they sell out fast! I only see them in certain stores during the summer months.

      Delete
  3. Our son in Brooklyn and our daughter have taken up running/jogging and they like it mostly - they do about 12 5K runs per year...I go with sprinkles instead of jimmies but I live closer to NYC than Boston and have not learned all Bostonian slang yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might take up jogging to get inside to escape the snow. There was a time when I enjoyed running, but bad a bad knee ended that kind of fun. I call them sprinkles. Got to see a Red Sox game in Boston a few years back. Enjoyed seeing the famed green wall. Playing catch up after being out of town. Enjoyed your post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all your takes on the J letter. Never jogged 9too hard on the knees) anyway that is my excuse! Sprinkles over here. HAve a great week ahead Dawn

    ReplyDelete