Friday, September 5, 2025

 


The Weekend Roundup "J"
  Jim, Juvenile and Juxtaposed
   (click on photo for bigger and best view)
Jim Beam Distillery
I live 10 miles from this distillery. There's 10 other distilleries in Bardstown Kentucky. There's a very distinctive smell around these distilleries, during all the different stages of processing. It's not a bad smell, it's just different! 
Juvenile and Favorite
Taken when I lived in NH. I've been told it's a Juvenile male ruby-throated hummingbird. I have a hard time telling the difference on these little birds.
Juxtaposed
I don't think I've ever heard of this word, so I had to look it up. I think this might be considered a Juxtaposed photo.  Twins facing in different directions. I spotted them a long time ago, wandering in a Kentucky cemetery that we visited, in Frankfurt, KY

4 comments:

  1. ...Dawn, does the JIM Beam Distillery have sampling room and if so are you a regular? The JUVENILE hummingbird and the twin are a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your deer. Yes, I would call them Juxtaposed. We have beer made here, their own brands, with an eating and drinking place attached, here in Katy, Texas. I don't know much about all this. I haven't had beer to drink for several years. When we eat at with our younger daughter she generally serves wine, I'll have a small glass or two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had trouble figuring out juxtaposed myself. I think the deer works well. I understand about the smell. It isn't from brewing whiskey, but we live in the pumpkin capital of the world and they are deep into pumpkin season. Occasionally you can catch a whiff on the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn Yes I had to look this week's word up also however my favourite is the hummingbird. i hope you enjoy the week ahead.

    ReplyDelete