Saturday, August 26, 2023

 


The Weekend Roundup "G" and "H"
Great

I had GREAT vacation in Ledyard/Mystic Connecticut for two weeks. Class reunions are so much fun. Sorry, I didn't have the time to post or comment last week. I only took a few pictures of my GREAT high school in Ledyard, CT and a few in town, nothing at the reunion. 


The Weekend Roundup "H"
High and HOT
(click on photo for bigger and best view)

A few pictures of my High school in Ledyard, CT. The school looked just like this the day the doors first opened in 1963. It was 7, 8 and 9th grade only. I was the seventh grader, and my husband was in 9th. The three classes went on to become the classes of 67, 68 and 69. Every year a class was added and eventually it was a 7-12 junior-senior high school. It remained like that for probably 20 or 30 years until a junior high school was built and this school became 9-12, what it is today.
Ledyard High School, Ledyard, CT
It was a HOT weekend in Mystic, CT
The two towns are only 8 miles apart.
A very popular town to visit, especially in the summer. This restaurant became popular when the movie Mystic Pizza, starring Julia Roberts, was filmed here.


2 comments:

  1. ...my learning disabilities made high school a challenge for me. I rarely watch movies, but we visited Mystic Pizza years ago. Thanks Dawn for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that you could go to your reunion, your school is a long way away if you drove up, about like our 960+ we have to get north of Omaha. It's been a while since I've been, we might not have any more, because of the COVID-19 only 6 of we remaing 8 came. Now we are down to six of the 48.
    The only Famous person from our Tekamah, Ne, was Hoot Gibson, cowboy singer, once with the Riders of the Purple Sage.
    ..

    ReplyDelete