Friday, August 11, 2023



The Weekend Roundup "F"
Flowers, Farm, and Fresh
(click on photo for bigger and best view)
I came across this FLOWER a few days ago at a garden center. I think it's some kind of Hibiscus. It was beautiful and my favorite this week.
I love SUNFLOWERS
I hope I will see many of them when I'm in CT next week for a high school reunion! August is the best time to visit the FIELDS of SUNFLOWERS in Newburtport, MA
(taken in 2021 or 22)
Twice a week I visit this local FARM, it's only a few miles from where I live. I buy all my summer veggies here. 
Nothing like FRESH, right out the garden! 
Picked daily and you can't beat these prices!
 Tomato $2 a lb and .50 an ear of corn!
😋



6 comments:

  1. ...Dawn, I like your pink hardy hibiscus and of course the sunflowers.
    ...I like the rolling FARM FIELD.
    ..those are FABULOUS looking FRESH tomatoes and corn, summer is a great time of year.
    Thanks FOR stopping by, enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty corn field, Dawn. Tom knows his flowers, that used to be his employment before he retired. I would never have guessed Hibiscus, was there a little blurb about them with some of the plants? I used to love sweet corn on the cob, but my digestive system doctor said, "no more." Seeds ether, I take them out with the tomatoes that I eat.
    Glad you're going to you class reunion. An impressive number? I've been to a few of mine, like you, Tekamah, Nebraska, is a long way from my home now. The last one I went to we had lunch at the Senior Center. A classmate of mine was sitting next to our table, I would have come over to exchange a few words after we finished eating. Bu she came to our table, exclaiming, "Jim Hxxxx, Is that you? I had you in my book with the deceased!" Wow, I'm glad she was there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Meant to mention eating tomatoes and vegetables raw in the garden. I imagine you did also. Perhaps the farmer would let you do that with his?
      ..

      Delete
  3. Amy, I agree. Fresh vegetables straight from the ground are always fresher than the bought ones. These Sunflowers woujld brighten up anyone's day. I hope you have a lovely week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunflowers are my favorite! The farm shot makes me homesick for Illinois. I always had a garden there. I miss fresh tomatoes. I could have a garden here, but there are too many copperheads and rattlesnakes to worry about. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete