Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Nature and the Snowy Owl
"winter"
The beautiful Snowy White Owl!  I see this one (her) every time I take a ride to Rye Beach State Park in New Hampshire, and for a while I was going down there several mornings a week for the sunrise.  They can also be seen in nearby Hampton, NH...Salisbury, MA and at Parker River Wildlife Refuge on Plum Island, MA

Hampton Beach State Park
Rye, NH


A short video I took...you can hear shots from distant duck hunters.  I think they spooked her :(
She's so popular, there's even the "owl paparazzi"
Happy New Year!
 I respect nature and these beautiful birds.  Although I may look very close at times, it's really the zoom lens on my camera that allows me to get these close-up pictures.




2 comments:

  1. Wow, both the birds and the setting are simply stunning.
    ~May@Achieving Clarity

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful shots! We have a snowy owl here too in Wisconsin, but I have not been able to see it myself.....yet! (o:

    ReplyDelete