Tuesday, January 29, 2013

 

There's an award in blogland.  It's the Liebster Blog Award, and I was recently nominated for it. I was surprised and honored that Jenn at  jennsrandomscraps.blogspot.com felt my blog deserved to be recognized.

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.  "Liebster" is German for sweetest, valued, welcome and, or favorite.  I think the nomination itself, is an award.  It's certainly a nice way of recognizing and being recognized.

Thank you, Jenn :)
 
 
There are a few rules to follow...
 
1.  Each nominee must share 11 things about themselves. 
2.  Answer the 11 questions set for you and create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
3.  Nominate promising new bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
 
11 things about myself
 
I was present for the birth of my first grandchild, it was so beautiful ~ I love photography ~ I've lived in 8 states ~ I used to drive a pastel pink volkswagen, it was so cute ~ I have two children and five grandchildren ~ Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday, I love all the food and we spend it with our family ~ I'm a reality show "junkie" I watch too many ~ I'm married to my high school sweetheart, we've known each other for more than 40 years ~ I play the piano ~ I ♥ pedis and manis ~ and last but not least, I am a Christian, and I thank God for everyone and everything in my life ~ 
 
11 questions for me, from Jenn
 
Q. Coffee or tea?  A. Coffee
 
Q. Pets, yes or no?  A. I do not have any, I would have a cat if I ever decide to have pets again.
 
Q. What’s the most unusual thing you have ever eaten?  A. Probably would have to be something native to South Korea...I didn't like any of the food there!
 
Q. Favorite way to relax?  A. I love to camp and kayak in the summer :)
 
Q. Book or movie?  A. Definitely a movie...my all time favorite is Breakfast at Tiffany's
 
Q. Are you reading anything right now?  A. Only magazines.
 
Q. Favorite season?  A. I guess I would have to say summer, but I love the autumn, too!
 
Q. Pet peeve?  A. People that do not walk on the correct side of the street! Walk facing traffic folks!
 
Q. Morning person or night owl?  A. I'm a night owl!
 
Q. Do you collect anything?  A. Probably not...I have way too much stuff as it is, that's hard to throw away :)
 
Q. Do you touch-type?  A.  I'm a much faster and accutate typist if I  look at the keys, often!
 
 
 
I nominate the following blog for this award ~


Here's your 11 questions

What do you enjoy doing in your spare time?
Do you have a favorite quote?
The ocean or the lake?
Do you have a favorite food or restaurant?
If you had to move, where would you want to go?
Do you like sports, if so, what's your favorite?
Pet peeve?
What kind of music do you like and do you have a favorite artist?
A favorite movie?
Do you text?
What chore do you least like to do?


 

1 comment:

  1. Love this Dawn... nice to get to know a little about you :)

    ReplyDelete