Friday, September 16, 2022

 

Kale, Kittery, and King
The Weekend Roundup "K"
 (click on photo for bigger and best view) 
Eastern Kingbird (juvenile)
A few weeks ago, Plum Island, MA 
Parker River National Wildlife Refuge 
Kittery, Maine
On a foggy morning, at the local boat launch.
Kale Soup
My recipe - I also add potato, carrots and
linguica (a spicy Portuguese sausage). You can add celery and onion if you like. It's the time of year, for more soups and stews. I love this soup, it's a favorite!

Just for fun, I added this video!
I always liked this song! 
Roger Miller - King of the Road - 1964


2 comments:

  1. I would like your Kale Soup. We have Cajun Andouille Sausage here which is also hot. Tonight we had Progresso Minestrone soup, I put a couple of frozen meatballs and some Creole Seasoning in mine, Mrs. Jim had only meatballs in hers. I don't know my birds very well, no more hardly than were in my card pack when I was young. We have a lot of Mockingbirds here, we talk from rooftop to my front step (Who cooks for you, who cooks for you--my request to them to answer--use your shrill voice).
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...the KINGbird is a rare sighting for me.
    ...KITTERY, Maine looks good on a foggy morning.
    ...this soup season!
    ...Roger Miller indeed is the KING of the Road.
    Thanks Dawn for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete