Friday, January 7, 2022

 

The Weekend Roundup "A"
AJ, American, Arizona and Alone
(click on photo for bigger and best view) 
AJ (Adam) lives in Castle Rock, Colorado
My grandson, leaving to fight recent fires this past week in Boulder, CO. He volunteers while finishing college and 
also learning to become an EMT 
So proud of him!  FAVORITE pic this week!
American flag - photo I took at Fenway Park during one of their World Series games
My husband, sitting ALONE in the Arizona Desert. We loved going there to watch the sunrise and also the beautiful sunsets. My son and his family live 
in Gilbert, AZ
A beautiful ARIZONA sunset.
I lived there for 15 years during the 80's-90's

6 comments:

  1. I'm proud of your grandson, AJ, he is putting himself close to danger doing those fires. A friend and I volunteered to help at the flood of the Missouri River while I was in school. Mostly we did sandbag duties. We worked four days and three nights. I only got sleep one night with a bed. Another day we found out that a construction company was paying, and we worked one shift for them in addition to our volunteer work.
    Your Arizona photos are very pretty.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, we hitch-hiked to Omaha from Lincoln. My mom never knew that.
      ..

      Delete
  2. ...AJ has signed on for a dangerous job!
    ...now that's a huge AMERICAN flag.
    ...it ALWAYS nice to share moments with someone special.
    ...a beautiful sunset.
    Thanks Dawn doe stopping by, take care and stay well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn I cannot remember if I said this but here goes again. I wish you a VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR. You grandson does a very dangerous job but a much needed one. May God always keep him safe. The final image is stunning. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you are proud of your grandson. I have an Adam, too. Arizona is a beautiful state. Nice memory with your husband. Love the last shot.

    ReplyDelete