Monday, February 18, 2019

The Weekend Roundup "G"
The letter G is for...
GREEN, GRASS, GLIDER and GREAT
(click on photo for bigger and best view)
Green-winged Teal
I spotted him a few weeks ago in York, Maine 
It's the first time I've ever seen one!  
He was in a pond with hundreds 
of other ducks, mostly mallards.

The same duck in different light. 
Just out of the water and standing on ice.
Glider in Franconia, New Hampshire
on a Grass runway! These are recent photos 
we took of someone else going for a glider ride.
My husband and I both went at different 
times on the same day, a few 
years ago in the peak of autumn. 
It was amazing, and we'd both do it again. 
Pictures of my ride at the bottom of this post.
Here the tow plane is pulling the glider up to the top of 
Cannon Mountain, where the glider will be released.

 Getting closer to the top!  
These last three photos were taken by me, while I was 
on my ride, and a video link (about a minute long)
 I hope you can view. Above it's still in tow, 
but about to be released.
It was a GREAT experience, and
 it's off the bucket list!



5 comments:

  1. ...Dawn, ''Great 'G's. I love your 'G'reen-winged Teal. There are several spot for 'G'liders here in New York State. You picked a colorful time of year to go up. I have a lot on my bucket list, but this doesn't happen to have made the list. Thanks for stopping by, enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tom, I can honestly say it was the most relaxing plane ride I've ever been on. It's just something I always thought would be fun to do. Truth is, I don't like flying at all, I only do it because I have to. Most of my family is out west, so it is the quickest way to travel when we don't have the time to drive. I truly surprised myself, that I was able to go up in the glider.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I could ride in the glider, although it does look like fun. Love the duck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the views from the glider - what a thrill to soar high and low on the thermal winds over the Granite State in the colorful autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures of the Francona Notch area. We flew in a Piper out of that airport way back. It wasn't to anyplace special, just a Sunday afternoon outing. I know Gliding would be fun. But hard to learn how to catch and follow updrafts. Except at a zoo I've never seen a teal duck.
    ..

    ReplyDelete