this week, a trip to see the cousins
six of the first cousins
Aunt Margaret and Uncle Bill with more first cousins...my husband is one of around 50 first cousins, on his father's side. Aunt Margaret is the youngest child of 12 that grew up on the farm in Rhodelia. My husbands dad was the second child born.
where we stayed "Uncle Origen's yard" it's just down the street from the church
St. Theresa Church in Rhodelia, KY
We attended the annual St. Theresa Fall Festival where more than 700 lbs of turkey was served! The population in Rhodelia is less than 100 folks...but, it's still quite a local event with the neighboring towns!
We love Kentucky and all our family there, see you again real soon!
There are a few other "really good" posts about the family here under the "Kentucky" label on my blog. I hope you'll stop by to visit them!





I like when there is a bit of history about a church.
ReplyDeleteWe have friends in Louisville and I've always enjoyed our visits there. I'd love to be there during the Kentucky Derby! And wow, what a large family your husband has...amazing!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a lovely visit! I just love black and white people shots - probably more than color! My daughter lived in KY for a few years (Louisville) and really enjoyed her time.
ReplyDelete