Tuesday, August 6, 2013

LOONS in New Hampshire
We see loons where I live all the time.  For the last three or four years, we've tried real hard to see the babies, called chicks.  They are usually born early July, in New Hampshire.  When they're first born, they ride on their parents back, so adorable but I've never seen it for myself...until this year!  We went to the lake kayaking, as we got closer to the pair, we noticed one of them had a chick on its back.  Here are some pictures I took last month on July 12th.  Some are not the best quality, because I had to zoom to get them. I hope you enjoy my pictures and the awesome video I made, as much as I do :)

I LOVE this video, just love to listen to them!
We arrived at the lake about 6:30

and, we left just after the sunset... 
Below is a picture of the loon chick today :) 
♥  

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! I'm visiting from the blog hop; glad to discover you.
    Terri, www.pushingonarope.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dawn, you haven't posted for a while! Lovely loon photos... how did you make out with the cold temps this past week?

    ReplyDelete