Aunt Barbara (Wilbur)
March 3, 1928 - November 8, 2012
I thought of you with love today,
but that is nothing new,
I thought about you yesterday,
and the day before that too.
I think of you in silence, and
I often speak your name,
But all I have is memories,
and your picture in a frame.
Your memory is my keepsake,
with which I'll never part,
I know your up in heaven,
and you're with me, in my heart.
Author unknown
Aunt Barbara was such a kind and sweet person. All of her life, she did nice things for everyone. I always enjoyed visiting her at her home in MA, our visits were often. Over the past two or three years we usually visited at least once a month. We went to lunch during many of these visits, and several of my other aunts and cousins would also come with us. She loved her family. She lost her husband about ten years ago to cancer, and her daughter in a car accident when she was only 19.
I visited her just days before she passed away. In October, I entered a picture of her adorable cat "Brandy" in a photo contest at the Sandwich fair in NH. My entry won a 4th place ribbon. I wanted to bring her the picture and the ribbon I won. She was so proud of the award and was so happy to receive it. I tried to get a picture of Brandy next to the award that day, but she wouldn't stay still long enough to really get a good one. You can see below that she moved as soon as I clicked, lol.
RIP Brandy
"she had a short life and died along side of Aunt Barbara"
My Aunt Barbara died from apparent smoke inhalation, while she was trying to escape from fumes and smoke from a small fire she had put out in her kitchen. Just two days earlier she had sent out email to everyone with "good news" that she had been told by her doctor, her cancer was in remission. Barbara received her last chemo treatment days before her death, she was a cancer survivor four times in her life, she was a fighter! She didn't deserve to die this way, no one does.
http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20121108/NEWS/121109874&cid=sitesearch
Yesterday I said good-bye...
I love you and miss you,
♥ Dawn




thanks for visiting Call Me PMc, you have a great blog, can't wait to read more! following on GFC now. I co-host a Grow Your Blog link party every Thurs - Sun, would love to have you link up!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.callmepmc.com/2012/11/grow-your-blog-link-party.html